Due to the current developing health situation, our department is establishing new procedures while we are working to keep our office accessible to the public. We are asking our Parks patrons and anyone else that interacts with our office to take the following added precautions for their safety as well as the safety of our staff:
Our office is now closed to the public. We ask that you do not come to our office in person but instead call or email us.
We ask that you register for programs and events using one of the following methods:
1. Call 317-392-5128 to confirm availability
2. Print forms off this website, complete them, email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
3. Payments can be made by phone with credit/debit card.
(There is an extra charge for using cards)
4. Payments can also be made by check made out to
"Shelbyville Parks Department" and either mailed with forms
or dropped in our drop box outside our office door.
You may also use the drop box outside our office door for all other communications.
Drop box accessible 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday
If you think you are sick please DO NOT visit our offices.
If you are experiencing flu like symptoms, please contact Major Health Partners for further guidance (317-392-DOCS).
Park Restrooms are open at Kennedy, Blue River, Sunset and Fishing Pier from 8am - 8pm daily
All trails are open
All playground equipment in all parks are closed and off limits due to COVID-19 precautions by order of Governor Holcomb and Mayor DeBaun
- The office is closed to the public, but registrations and rentals may be made by calling 317-392-5128.
- Meridian Park Family Aquatic Center will be closed for the 2020 season